Frequently Asked Questions

Answers from Our Rockland County Attorney

Have you been injured in an accident? Has a loved one suffered unnecessarily at the hands of another individual? If so, you may be entitled to receive compensation by filing a personal injury claim. At the Law Offices of David A. Dietz, P.C., we stand ready to provide our clients with the best possible representation in the Rockland County area and we strive to ensure that each client receives personalized and aggressive legal services.

We understand that you may be confused about where to turn or who to trust during this trying time, but we are here to help! Below, you can find some commonly asked questions regarding personal injury. After reading through our FAQ page, if you still have questions or concerns, schedule a free case review by calling 605-598-3545.

Will I receive compensation?
Each case is unique and depending on the exact circumstances pertaining to your injury, the amount of compensation will vary. In order to determine how much you may be entitled to, and if you are able to file a lawsuit, contact our office right away.

How do I determine who is at-fault for my injuries?
When you choose to work with our office, we will divulge into your case and examine medical records, law enforcement records, insurance findings, and other important documents to determine who may be liable for your injuries. We work to hold the liable party accountable for their actions.

I was injured several years ago. Do I still have a case?
It depends. The state of New York has a statute of limitations on bringing about a personal injury case before a court. The statute of limitations includes:

  • Slip and fall cases must be filed within 3 years of the accident.
  • Medical malpractice cases must be filed within 2 ½ years from the illness or injury.
  • Wrongful death cases must be filed within 2 years of the death.
  • Negligence and emotional distress cases must be filed within 3 years of the accident.

Money is tight after my accident. How can I afford an attorney?
At the Law Offices of David A. Dietz, P.C., we understand that medical bills, time away from work, and emotional distress can make money particularly tight after an accident. This is why we work on a contingency fee basis with our clients. You will not owe us unless we are able to obtain a monetary compensation on your behalf.

Will I be able to speak with a lawyer before filing a lawsuit?
Yes! We offer free initial consultations for all potential clients.

How long will it take to complete the case?
Each case is different and the time frame from investigation, to discovery, to filing the lawsuit, and to completion may vary. Based on the specifics of your case, it could be months, or maybe even years to complete your case. But if you want to get a divorce quick you should ask for help at It is easier, however, with an advocate on your side.

Contact Us

Email Us Your Information

Tell us what happened today and receive a free review of your case.

Send Your Information